Hi all,Recieved this email below and thought it might be of interest to some of you
Calling all street artists, writers and vandals! Channel 4’s Street Summer is here! Enter your work with Don’t Panic to win big - http://www.dontpaniconline.com/street_summer/
Channel 4 and Don’t Panic are running a design competition on Don’t Panic Online for all budding designers, graffers and street artists to come up with an original, creative design. The winners of the competition will have their design used as an advertisement for Channel 4’s Street Summer schedule of programming, as well as having their design printed on postcards and the Don’t Panic Poster to be distributed around the UK.
The focus of the competition is to find new talent to help promote Street Summer across the UK in the only way which makes sense; using the competition winners’ designs as massive outdoor advertisements.
The winning entries need to represent one of the five elements of street culture which the Street Summer season is featuring: street dance, urban sports, spoken word, hip hop and street art.
Entrants will represent their region and the winning piece for each region will appear in a major city from their part of the UK.
The 7 competition regions are:
South East - http://dontpaniconline.com/street_summer/southeast
South West - http://dontpaniconline.com/street_summer/southwest
Midlands and East - http://dontpaniconline.com/street_summer/midlands_and_east
Prizes for the winner include:
- £300 payment for the use of their artwork.
- The winning design displayed on a premium outdoor space for two weeks (04th August to 18th August).
- The opportunity to work with an established street artist from their region of the UK.
- The winning design featured on the Don’t Panic Poster and on postcards distributed across the UK in Don’t Panic Packs.
- Winners will be featured in a short film about their work.
The competition will run from 13th June to 17th July. Voting will run from 01st July to 17th July.
To enter go to http://www.dontpaniconline.com/street_summer/.